Saturday, December 8, 2012

Pumpkin- nut loaf

I got up early today. With Ram still in bed and nothing interesting on tv, I was looking at a really long lazy Saturday ahead of me. I had bought a wedge of pumpkin from the supermarket for making a soup, but then the bread seemed like a perfect baking project for the day.
Making this loaf involves two very basic steps- Making the pumpkin puree mixture and folding it into the flour mixture. (maida+atta+salt+sugar+cinnamon)

You can add dry fruits, nuts, muesli just about anything crunchy to the batter before tossing it into the oven for about 45 minutes at 170 deg c.

Notes: I added a bit of vanilla essence, you can add maple syrup to the pumpkin puree.
For an extra kick you can add more spices like nutmeg/ cloves to the flour mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment