Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas cupcakes

Ram made so much fun of me. I got a box cake mix, and I was trying to substitute the eggs with buttermilk. That's what all the websites said! Half a cup of buttermilk for an egg. IT DOES NOT WORK. The first batch sank, didn't cook and tasted horrible. Simply put, there is no 'better' substitute for egg, if the recipe calls for it. Luckily I had used only half the cake mix, and for the next batch I followed the instructions and used the egg. They turned out very light, moist and fluffy.

Shortcut chocolate icing: Melt a bar of chocolate by popping it in the microwave for 30 secs. Add couple of cubes of butter and a tiny amount of milk, and stir till smooth and silky. Spread generously over cupcake and leave it to set for 5 minutes in the fridge. I used an almond walnut chocolate, for a nice crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment